Hi, Eric Abrahamsen writes: > I've been (very gradually) working on something I'm calling org-log, for > just this sort of situation -- a library that would possibly go > underneath org-habit and maybe even org-clock. It would look like: > > * Read > :LOGBOOK: > - Note taken on [2014-10-20 Mon 10:33] \\ > PAGES: 49 > - Note taken on [2014-10-20 Mon 10:32] \\ > PAGES: 150 > :END: > > When adding notes (or state-change log notes) the user would be prompted > to record values for the key(s) already existing in the logbook (in this > case, PAGES). Multiple key-value pairs would be possible. Generic tables > could be created for a heading, with more specialized tables with > user-defined column formulas and all that. > > Add unit manipulation/calculation from the calc-units package, and I > think this could be a nice extension to Org. > > I originally started thinking of this while translating a novel. I had a > certain number of characters to translate, and a certain deadline. What > I wanted was a single heading where I logged my progress, and a > reporting facility that said "given today's date and how many characters > you've already done, you'll need to average XXX characters per day to > hit the deadline." I envisioned a gnuplot table that showed > actual-characters-per-day against the shifting > average-characters-per-day. That is a very interesting idea. Do you think we could see your actual work? -- Konubinix GPG Key : 7439106A Fingerprint: 5993 BE7A DA65 E2D9 06CE 5C36 75D2 3CED 7439 106A