Hi Oleh, Oleh Krehel writes: >>> I was just trying to customize the completion back end for refiling >>> (ido isn't >>> great for that, even with the ido-vertical upgrade). And it's not >>> at all easy, >>> since ido seems to be hard-wired into org-mode's completion. Could we just >>> change to use `completing-read-function' instead of `org-icompleting-read'? >> >> I think it's nicer to use existing features/variables, but comparability >> is also an issue. > > Alright, I've made so that if `completing-read-function' is > `completing-read-default', nothing changes. But when it's set, it > used. So now, e.g. `helm-mode' or `ivy-mode' will automatically work. The change is no good IMO. For the fix to work one needs to set org-completion-use-ido. If this is non-nil it would be weird if ido is not used. I don't know how to use helm of ivy. But I think the attached patch is better. Would that work with helm and ivy? —Rasmus -- Send from my Emacs