On Friday, 15 Dec 2017 at 16:19, Kaushal Modi wrote: > I believe that Matt wants to render the entities inside the verbatim/code > markup. Ah, I did completely misunderstand his question! Thanks. > To do what you want, I would unleash the power of C-x 8 RET. I like your suggestion of adding bindings to the C-x 8 map. In general, however, I find using the tex input method works really well, allowing me to simply type \to when I want a right arrow. The whole input method mechanism in Emacs is fantastic. Anyway, sorry Matt for misunderstanding your question. eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.4-214-ge8b71b