Hello, According to Org-Mode documentation[1], > Lines starting with zero or more whitespace characters followed by one > ‘#’ and a whitespace are treated as comments and, as such, are not > exported. The actual implementation differs on a subtle detail: Org-Mode will treat a line where the pound sign is immediatly followed by \n as a comment. I believe this is expected behavior, since it allows to comment out multiple paragraphs, and behaves as expected even when using `delete-trailing-whitespace`. I'm asking this because Pandoc follows strictly the org documentation, and treats a line containing only a pound sign as text. I opened a bug about this[2], where I've been asked –reasonably– to first make sure the bug isn't actually in Org Mode. [1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Comment-lines.html [2] https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5856 All the best, -- Thibault