Tom Gillespie writes: > with upstream, but it is clear that upstream has done zero testing on > the impact of that change on org-mode (or any other mode for that matter). I think this statement is too hard. If you use org purely for the example usecase (headings with a single content-line) and use CTRL-RET to create new headings, you won’t notice the change. And I’m pretty sure they tested that. The change hurts for those who use org-mode as plain text with superpowers, or as general source-format that can export to plain text, LaTeX, html, and many more. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken