* Problem with custom links
@ 2021-02-09  0:31 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2021-02-09  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Aloha all,

Recently, custom links that I've used for years changed their
behavior.  They used to behave like other org mode links, but now
they are displayed in a different color face and are always fully
displayed, unless I add two new keywords to
org-link-set-parameters.

  (org-link-set-parameters
   "parencite"
   :follow 'org-ebib-open
   :export (lambda (path desc format)
             (cond
              ((eq format 'html)
               (format "(<cite>%s</cite>)" path))
              ((eq format 'latex)
               (if (or (not desc) (equal 0 (search "parencite:"
               desc)))
                   (format "\\parencite{%s}" path)
                 (format "\\parencite[%s][%s]{%s}"
                         (cadr (split-string desc ";"))
                         (car (split-string desc ";")) path)))))
   :display 'org-link
   :face 'org-link)

I added the :display and :face keywords after I stumbled upon a
list of defined links (which I wish I'd noted because I haven't
found it since) that indicated that :display was set to 'full
(which confused me because I'd read that the default was supposed
to be 'org-link).  Adding these two keywords restores the original
behavior for me.

I'm wondering why I have to set these keywords to get the default
behavior?

I did search ORG-NEWS for a relevant entry, but didn't see
anything that rang a bell.

I hope you and yours are well in the face of the pandemic.

Let me know if you have questions.

All the best,
Tom

--