Hello Michael, >>>>> Michael Eliachevitch writes: > Hello Colin, >> This is amazing. I have run into exactly the same problem. I was >> wondering whether to report it! >> >> Oh, and I can reproduce the bug with your ECM. > Glad that I'm not alone. When you say you ran into this, is this > something that appeared to you in a recent org-version for > existing capture templates which worked in older versions? Or is > this a behavior that has been always there for capture-templates > with :clock-in? A couple of night ago, I thought I'd try experimenting with my org-capture setup. I normally have a menu with single letter choices and no hierarchy. I wrote a couple of lines, very similar to yours, but couldn't get it to work. I thought it simply indicative of my ignorance of lisp (which is profound!) and abandoned the experiment. I use org-mode version 9.5.1 and I got the same results with emacs-28.0.90, 29.0.50 and (I think) 27.2. > When I have time I might try if I can hack something to fix this, > but not sure if I have time as I'm quite busy with my PhD > currently. Btw, I'm not sure what the procedure following the bug > report will be, as I'm quite new here on the mailing list and am > still more used to working with github-issues etc, but I guess > patience is key in an open source project. If you get no response on this org-mode list, perhaps re-submit it as a normal emacs bug (M-x report-emacs-bug ). Best wishes, Colin.