Hi Ihor, A thousand apologies for my horrible carelessness with the parentheses. I should have checked the code. Here goes the patch again corrected. I hope it's alright now. Ihor Radchenko writes: > Also, the original code contained the clause: > (or (get lang from the alist1) > (get lang from the alist2) > lang ; Fallback to provided language if not known. > ) > > Your variant does not have the fallback part. Is it intentional? Yes, I removed it because I thought it was not necessary, because after all the user must put a supported language as the value of #+language. Anyway, in case it breaks something backwards I have replaced it. Now the or expression is: (or (nth 1 (assoc-string lang org-latex-language-alist t)) lang) Best regards, Juan Manuel