* when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
@ 2022-03-15 13:08 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-03-15 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I run a relative recent GNU Emacs and org master, however please
consider the following example:

When exporting to html or odt (using dvipng in both cases) the first set
of equations in the source block are ignored.

Can somebody please confirm this, and tell me whether I should open a
BUG report.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* A source block provides to export latex equations
#+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t

\begin{equation}
\label{eq:doc1:1}
\begin{matrix}
  \mathit{s}^{3}: & 1 & \mathit{K} - 6 \\
  \mathit{s}^{2}: & 5 & \mathit{K} \\
  \mathit{s}: & \frac{(4\mathit{K} - 30)}{5} & \\
  \mathit{s}^{0}: & \mathit{K}.
  & \\
\end{matrix}
\end{equation}

So we see that
\[
\frac{4K - 30}{5} > 0 \quad\mbox{and}\quad K > 0,
\]

\[
  K > 7.5\quad \mbox{and}\quad K > 0
\]
#+end_src

* Without the source block
\begin{equation}
\label{eq:doc1:1}
\begin{matrix}
  \mathit{s}^{3}: & 1 & \mathit{K} - 6 \\
  \mathit{s}^{2}: & 5 & \mathit{K} \\
  \mathit{s}: & \frac{(4\mathit{K} - 30)}{5} & \\
  \mathit{s}^{0}: & \mathit{K}.
  & \\
\end{matrix}
\end{equation}

So we see that
\[

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
@ 2022-10-26  7:40 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-26  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> I run a relative recent GNU Emacs and org master, however please
> consider the following example:
>
> When exporting to html or odt (using dvipng in both cases) the first set
> of equations in the source block are ignored.
>
> Can somebody please confirm this, and tell me whether I should open a
> BUG report.
> * A source block provides to export latex equations
> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t

Of course, the source block is ignored.
According to 16.6 Results of Evaluation section of the manual,

‘latex’
     Results enclosed in a ‘BEGIN_EXPORT latex’ block.  Usage example:
     ‘:results value latex’.

So, you are exporting results of the evaluation, which is latex export
block. Such block will only get exported to latex. By definition.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
@ 2022-10-28 14:39   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-10-28 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Hi
>>
>> I run a relative recent GNU Emacs and org master, however please
>> consider the following example:
>>
>> When exporting to html or odt (using dvipng in both cases) the first set
>> of equations in the source block are ignored.
>>
>> Can somebody please confirm this, and tell me whether I should open a
>> BUG report.
>> * A source block provides to export latex equations
>> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t

> Of course, the source block is ignored.
> According to 16.6 Results of Evaluation section of the manual,

> ‘latex’
>      Results enclosed in a ‘BEGIN_EXPORT latex’ block.  Usage example:
>      ‘:results value latex’.

> So, you are exporting results of the evaluation, which is latex export
> block. Such block will only get exported to latex. By definition.

So what shall I do then? I have an org file with matlab source code and latex formula, having the latex formula surrounded by a block as in
#+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
\begin{equation}
\label{eq:windeln-29-08-22:1}
\int
\end{equation}
#+end_src

Results in nice fortification. However sometimes I need to export the org file to odt/html and would like to have the mathematical formula translated, so what would be the best strategy?

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/gmail-conversation-view/

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
@ 2022-10-29  4:25     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-29  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> So what shall I do then? I have an org file with matlab source code and latex formula, having the latex formula surrounded by a block as in
> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
> \begin{equation}
> \label{eq:windeln-29-08-22:1}
> \int
> \end{equation}
> #+end_src
>
> Results in nice fortification. However sometimes I need to export the org file to odt/html and would like to have the mathematical formula translated, so what would be the best strategy?

Just use :results raw. Org understands latex environments natively.
See 12.5.1 LaTeX fragments section of the manual.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
@ 2022-10-29  6:41       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-10-29  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode