Hi Chris, > Note: I haven’t been able to compute the return value of the hash function for > my latex expression, because I can’t figure out what the arguments actually are, > specifically `forbuffer`, `fg` and `bg`, but the above reasoning seems sound. > Note: Removing specifically the images looking like the image associated with > the latex expression that refuses to be regenerated, using some file manager, > and then invoking `org-latex-preview`, does the trick, but it’s impractical. Yea, `org-format-latex' is a bit of a nightmare. I’ve got a WIP overhaul of the entire LaTeX preview system which is currently 95% of the way done. The new system will still not notice changes in package source files, but it will be easy to clear the cache and regenerate. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .