Thank you, Ihor! > From: Ihor Radchenko > Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:32:38 +0000 > > StrawberryTea writes: > >> Hello. Currently, if you have a heading background, and you have a date, >> radio link, or special keyword, the background is overridden. I have >> attached a patch that fixes this issue by using the `prepend' property >> instead of the `t' property. Here is also a minimal example to reproduce >> the issue: > > This is not an exhaustive list. We have a number of markup objects that > are fontified overriding the containing element/paragraph/heading face: > > - target links > - timestamps > - footnotes > - radio targets > - macros > - inline export snippets > > I am not 100% sure we should unconditionally prepend their faces to > the containing headline/table/etc. > > CCing Protesilaos. This discussion might be of interest for him. I think it makes sense to not override the background because otherwise the heading can look visually "broken". See attached screenshot for an example: it is called "demo-org-heading-with-background.png". In that screenshot I include an overline for the heading, to show how this is not limited to the background colour but extends to all face attributes. To this end, I also attach "demo-org-heading-with-more-height.png" which shows how the date is not scaling to match the heading's increased text height. All the best, Protesilaos (or simply "Prot") -- Protesilaos Stavrou https://protesilaos.com