* Agenda display of tasks
@ 2009-06-22 16:54 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-06-22 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

I recently noticed that using SPACE or TAB in the agenda displays the
task in the other window but all of the drawers are exposed.  If you
fold the org file with S-TAB to Overview or Contents display and then
switch to the agenda and SPACE or TAB on a folded task it unfolds the
entire thing including the drawers.

Expanding the file to SHOW ALL and then using follow mode from the
agenda shows me the view I'm really looking for so that's what I'm doing
as a workaround right now.

While doing my weekly review of tasks I use follow mode to view task
detail and the expanded :LOGBOOK: and :PROPERTIES: drawers hide detail
scrolled off the bottom of the window.  My :LOGBOOK: drawer for repeated
tasks tends to be l-o-n-g and shoves detail way down the file (such as
my weekly review checklist :) ).

Is it possible to control expansion of the drawers when displaying a
task from the agenda?  The view I'm looking for is the same as SHOW ALL
from S-TAB.  It seems that if the task is expanded from the agenda it
expands everything including the drawers.

Thanks,
Bernt