Tassilo Horn wrote: >> I guess I will have to dive that side (not now -- going to sleep). >> Don't know if that gives hints yet, or not... >Please check, if that function is that slow for all message-ids or if >that's only for some. The function has a "FIXME: Should this try to use >CHARSET? -- fx", and maybe this answer has to be answered with Yes! I think this is not very likely: With the CHARSET argument a client can inform the server that the search string is in a charset different than the default 7bit ASCII (Cf. rfc3501, 6.4.4). You could rule out the server being the culprit by performing the search manually: gnutls-cli --crlf --port 993 your.mail.host.here 0x1 LOGIN "user" "password" 0x2 SELECT Inbox.work 0x3 SEARCH HEADER "Message-ID" "message id w/o angle brackets" 0x4 LOGOUT My main account uses Courier on Debian, too and search for a particular message id within ~7000 messages is quite fast. Couldn't find this information in the tread: Is it slow for a particular message or slow on Inbox.work in general? HTH, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de