Dan Davison wrote: >Nick Dokos writes: >> Bastien wrote: >> >> >>> > For example, I have a modified file org-whatever.el. What commands >>> > must I run? >>> >>> Please follow the instructions on Worg and let us know what is not >>> crystal-clear -- that will help improve the doc if necessary. >>> >> >> I think Dmitry is asking for the git commands and I'm not sure those >> are described anywhere on Worg. >> >> Something like this perhaps: >> >> # create a topic branch to deal with a specific topic: use >> # a descriptive name! >> git checkout -b topic-branch-foo master >> >> git commit -a >> git format-patch >> >One point I'm not yet clear on: >For the patchwork system, what methods of inclusion of patch in email >are acceptable? >+ attachment type text/plain? Works. >+ attachment type text/x-diff? Works. >+ attach using C-c C-a in gnus but choose "inline" rather than as > "attachment"? "inline" or "attachment" is irrelevant: It is just a hint to a displaying MUA how to visualize an attachment (Cf. RFC2183: The Content-Disposition Header Field). >+ paste inline? Should work. >+ paste inline with special gnus separators --8<-- ? Dunno. >does it matter how the patch file is named? AFAIK it doesn't. >Also, what requirements are there on how to *reply* so that your message >gets lumped by patchwork into the same patch item, rather than creating >a new item? Can the subject line be modified? AFAIK the subject line doesn't matter because what identifies a message (for patchtracker and in general) is the message-id header field. So it should be a proper reply to the message: Using the message-id header field in the in-reply-to and references header field. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de