* OrgCamp in Paris, January 22nd
@ 2011-01-06 14:20 Bastien
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-06 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

some parisian Orgers are gathering for the first OrgCamp on earthn® :)

  "OrgCamps are informal events where people gather IRL to contribute
   to Org by discussing how they use it and by doing contributions to
   the code, the manuals and the online tutorials."

Here is the wiki for this event:

  http://www.lifehacking.fr/mediawiki/index.php/OrgModeCampJanvier2011#Participants

  # Location: FPH, 38 rue Saint Sabin, 75011 Paris
  # Time: 2pm-8pm

I added a page on Worg to gather information on OrgCamps:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/orgcamps.html

We will have wifi, so I guess some of us will be on freenode#org-mode.

Thanks a lot to Frédéric Couchet (madix on IRC) for setting this up!

--
 Bastien

* Re: OrgCamp in Paris, January 22nd
@ 2011-01-19 13:42 ` Frederic Couchet
From: Frederic Couchet @ 2011-01-19 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    Bastien> Dear all, some parisian Orgers are gathering for the first
    Bastien> OrgCamp on earthn® :)

    Bastien>   "OrgCamps are informal events where people gather IRL to
    Bastien> contribute to Org by discussing how they use it and by
    Bastien> doing contributions to the code, the manuals and the online
    Bastien> tutorials."

    Bastien> Here is the wiki for this event:

    Bastien>   http://www.lifehacking.fr/mediawiki/index.php/OrgModeCampJanvier2011#Participants

17 people have registered yet, fine. A preparation meeting will be held
on Thursday at 21pm (Paris local time) on the temporary irc channel
irc.freenode.net:##orgcamp-paris

red.

* OrgCamp in NYC?
@ 2011-01-22 23:23 ` Bradley M. Kuhn
From: Bradley M. Kuhn @ 2011-01-22 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien wrote on Thursday the 6th:
>   "OrgCamps are informal events where people gather IRL to contribute
>    to Org by discussing how they use it and by doing contributions to
>    the code, the manuals and the online tutorials."

This is an excellent idea.  I hope today's OrgCamp in Paris went well --
I wish I could have been there. :)

Meanwhile, I can offer space in NYC (just a conference room) in NYC that
can host up to 10 people.  It's in Brooklyn, not too far from Manhattan,
near transit lines.

Would anyone in NYC have an interest in an OrgCamp?  I don't have time
to organize it, but I can coordinate logistics for the venue if someone
else would be willing to do the rest.

It looks like Paris got 17 people by the end.  We'd have to be about
half that for the space I have available, but I'm willing if others are.
--
   -- bkuhn

* Re: OrgCamp in Paris, January 22nd
@ 2011-01-24 20:19 ` Frederic Couchet
From: Frederic Couchet @ 2011-01-24 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    Bastien> Dear all, some parisian Orgers are gathering for the first
    Bastien> OrgCamp on earthn® :)

The OrgCamp in Paris went well. Julien posted a short report :

http://julien.danjou.info/blog/2011.html#OrgCamp_Paris__review

We are planning to organise an another OrgCamp in Paris in March ou
April.

Fred.

* Re: Re: OrgCamp in Paris, January 22nd
@ 2011-01-24 21:33   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-24 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederic Couchet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Frederic Couchet <fcouchet@april.org> writes:

>     Bastien> Dear all, some parisian Orgers are gathering for the first
>     Bastien> OrgCamp on earthn® :)
>
> The OrgCamp in Paris went well. Julien posted a short report :
>
> http://julien.danjou.info/blog/2011.html#OrgCamp_Paris__review

As Julien says in his blogpost, I couldn't attend this first OrgCamp...
due to a last minute commitment I could not avoid.

Thanks again to Frederic for organizing this, and to everyone who
participated !  I'm really looking forward reading more about what
was done/said during this event.

Also, I had a leg injury two weeks ago - I only get better now, and
I'm back hacking.

--
 Bastien

* Re: OrgCamp in NYC?
@ 2011-01-25  3:45   ` Andrew Hyatt
From: Andrew Hyatt @ 2011-01-25  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bradley M. Kuhn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'd love to attend a NYC one, and can probably arrange for hosting in
a nice space in Manhattan as well.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Bradley M. Kuhn <bkuhn@ebb.org> wrote:
> Bastien wrote on Thursday the 6th:
>>   "OrgCamps are informal events where people gather IRL to contribute
>>    to Org by discussing how they use it and by doing contributions to
>>    the code, the manuals and the online tutorials."
>
> This is an excellent idea.  I hope today's OrgCamp in Paris went well --
> I wish I could have been there. :)
>
> Meanwhile, I can offer space in NYC (just a conference room) in NYC that
> can host up to 10 people.  It's in Brooklyn, not too far from Manhattan,
> near transit lines.
>
> Would anyone in NYC have an interest in an OrgCamp?  I don't have time
> to organize it, but I can coordinate logistics for the venue if someone
> else would be willing to do the rest.
>
> It looks like Paris got 17 people by the end.  We'd have to be about
> half that for the space I have available, but I'm willing if others are.
> --
>   -- bkuhn

* Re: OrgCamp in NYC?
@ 2011-01-25 15:55     ` Chris Malone