"Eric Schulte" writes: > Eric S Fraga writes: > >> "Eric Schulte" writes: >> >> [...] >> >>> >>> Ah, I see the problem, I used let instead of let*. Please try this >>> updated version of the patch. Sorry I would test this myself, but I >>> don't have Maxima installed. >> >> No problem at all! I'm happy to test this as many times as necessary. >> >> In any case, this works fine in that maxima is indeed evaluated and >> output is returned. However, two problems arise: >> >> 1. lines of the form "rat: replaced XXX by YYY = ZZZ" are not deleted >> (as used to be by the grep -v replaced hack I had in the original >> ob-maxima). Essentially, we need to ignore output lines that match >> the regex "^rat: replaced .*$" (I think this should do it...). >> >> 2. The output is converted to an org table: >> > > The attached should fix both of these problems. Please let me know how > this works. Eric, Well, it didn't work :(. However, I think I managed to fix it. I think you have an ulterior motive: to make me learn elisp properly once and for all... ;-). Attached is the updated ob-maxima.el file with two changes: 1. quoted =identity= in the =mapconcat= sexp. 2. asked =split-string= to split on newlines so that (a) the regex for the rat line would match *and* (b) so that the output is faithful to what maxima generates. I hope these make sense! I've gone through the code and I think I understand it. More importantly, the output is now essentially the same as I was getting before which makes me quite happy. I'll do some more testing but the various tests I have tried should cover most aspects that I ever use. Thanks, eric