At Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:13:14 +0100, Steinar Bang wrote: > > Platform: Ubuntu 10.10 > GNU Emacs 23.1.1 > git version of org-mode > > When I create a TODO task, I first create the task, then I create > checkboxes for the things I would like to do, ie. > > * My tasks > ** TODO here's a new task [/] > - [ ] First I need to do this > - [ ] Then I need to do that > - [ ] Finally I need to finish this > > The reason for using checkboxes, is that I find them more visually > pleasing than nested TODOs. But when logging progress, I can't use the > logbook functionality (like I could have done with nested TODOs). I > have ended up doing this: > > * My tasks > ** TODO here's a new task [/] > - [ ] First I need to do this > - Logbook: > - My first note > - My second note > - [ ] Then I need to do that > - [ ] Finally I need to finish this > > That works, after a fashion. But I get no timestamp on the notes, > unless I remember to do a `C-.' > > I've tried putting :LOGBOOK: drawers in the checkboxes, and that seemed > to work at first, but then I discovered that all notes ended up in the > topmost checkbox, which just happened to reside under the first > checkbox. > > Is there some variable that I can set to make :LOGBOOK: drawers work > under checkboxes? Is there some other similar solution? (I'm on git > org-mode at home, and use native emacs 23 org-mode and 7.7 on the > windows boxes at work) No, as far as I know it is not possible to attach a Drawer to a list item. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de