* Search links in a list of files
@ 2011-12-12 19:53 Daniel Dehennin
From: Daniel Dehennin @ 2011-12-12 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As I want to write some documentation with org-mode, I'm looking for a
way to manage an list of files in which org-mode will look for links, or
better, a list or directory to scan.

For example:

- in file1.org, I link something like
  [[file:file2.org::#some-point][some point in some file]]

- in file2.org I have a property "CUSTOM_ID: some-point" somewhere.

If I reorganize my documentation and move file2.org in some
subdirectory, like examples/file2.org, I would like to avoid changing
all the references to "file2::#some-point".

Maybe a link like [[search:PATH::SOMETHING]], with SOMETHING like in
search-options[1].

We could define a per-org file PATH, with something like
"#+LINK_SEARCH_PATH: path1, path2, ..."

Any idea about this issue?

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/manual/Search-options.html#Search-options

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG:

* Re: Search links in a list of files
@ 2011-12-13  0:59 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-13  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Dehennin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Daniel Dehennin <daniel.dehennin@baby-gnu.org> writes:

> As I want to write some documentation with org-mode, I'm looking for a
> way to manage an list of files in which org-mode will look for links, or
> better, a list or directory to scan.
>
> For example:
>
> - in file1.org, I link something like
>   [[file:file2.org::#some-point][some point in some file]]
>
> - in file2.org I have a property "CUSTOM_ID: some-point" somewhere.
>
> If I reorganize my documentation and move file2.org in some
> subdirectory, like examples/file2.org, I would like to avoid changing
> all the references to "file2::#some-point".
>
> Maybe a link like [[search:PATH::SOMETHING]], with SOMETHING like in
> search-options[1].
>
> We could define a per-org file PATH, with something like
> "#+LINK_SEARCH_PATH: path1, path2, ..."
>
> Any idea about this issue?

Use global id's - then if you move headings around the links still work.

See org-id.el for more info

Regards,
Bernt