* Bug: Commas not removed from source blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-25 22:02 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-12-25 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have org source blocks in my document
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org which have embedded commas on line 1
from previous uses of org-edit-special.

Now editing the blocks does not remove all of the commas previously
introduced.

I use org-indent mode with source blocks starting in column 0

org-mode.org lines 327

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* Health and Recreation
,PROPERTIES:
,CATEGORY: Health
,END:
,  ...
,* House Maintenance
,PROPERTIES:
,CATEGORY: House
,END:
#+end_src

org-mode.org lines 1880

#+begin_src org :exports src
,Original Estimate
,#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id local
,| Task                        | Estimated Effort | CLOCKSUM |
,|-----------------------------+------------------+----------|
,| ** TODO Project to estimate |             5:40 |          |
,| *** TODO Step 1             |             0:10 |          |
,| *** TODO Step 2             |             0:10 |          |
,| *** TODO Step 3             |             5:10 |          |
,| **** TODO Step 3.1          |             2:00 |          |
,| **** TODO Step 3.2          |             3:00 |          |
,| **** TODO Step 3.3          |             0:10 |          |
,| *** TODO Step 4             |             0:10 |          |
,#+END:
#+end_src

C-c ' shows org-mode source block with commas only removed from
headings.  The property lines still contain the commas.

I believe the commas were originally inserted by a previous version
of org-mode during org-edit-special.

Usecase: I do not want these property lines from the org source block
         to apply to the enclosing heading.

Also occurs on line 709

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO New Capture Task
,  LOGBOOK:
,  END:
,  [2010-05-08 Sat 13:53]
#+end_src

Also occurs on line 759

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO
,  [2010-08-05 Thu 21:06]
,  [[file:~/git/org-mode-doc/org-mode.org::*Capture%20Tasks%20is%20all%20about%20being%20FAST][Capture Tasks is all about being FAST]]
#+end_src

Also occurs on line 1261

#+begin_src org :exports src
,#+FILETAGS: PERSONAL
,...
,* Tasks
,** Organization
,PROPERTIES:
,CLOCK_MODELINE_TOTAL: today
,ID:       eb155a82-92b2-4f25-a3c6-0304591af2f9
,END:
,...
#+end_src

Also occurs on line 2260

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* NEXT Weekly Review [0/6]
, SCHEDULED: <2009-05-18 Mon ++1w>
, LOGBOOK:...
, PROPERTIES:...

, What to review:

,  - [ ] Check follow-up folder
,  - [ ] Review weekly agenda =F12 a w //=
,  - [ ] Check clocking data for past week =v c=
,  - [ ] Review clock report for past week =R=
,    - Check where we spent time (too much or too little) and rectify this week
,  - [ ] Look at entire agenda for today  =F12 SPC=
,  - [ ] Review projects =F12 SPC //= and =V= repeatedly to view each project

,  - start work
,    - daily agenda first - knock off items
,    - then work on NEXT tasks
#+end_src

and line 2766

#+begin_src org :exports src
,#+begin_src ditaa :file some_filename.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8
,  <context of ditaa source goes here>
,#+end_src
#+end_src

line 3793

#+begin_src org :exports src
,#+FILETAGS: PERSONAL
,* Appointments
,PROPERTIES:
,CATEGORY: Appt
,ARCHIVE:  %s_archive::* Appointments
,END:
,** Holidays
,PROPERTIES:
,Category: Holiday
,END:
,%%(org-calendar-holiday)
,** Some other Appointment
,   ...
#+end_src

line 4029

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Invoicing and Archive Tasks [0/7]
,   DEADLINE: <2009-07-01 Wed +1m -0d>
,PROPERTIES:
,RESET_CHECK_BOXES: t
,END:

,   - [ ] Do task 1
,   - [ ] Do task 2
,   ...
,   - [ ] Do task 7
#+end_src

line 4100

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO New Repeating Task
,  SCHEDULED: <2009-06-16 Tue +1w>
,PROPERTIES:
,NOBLOCKING: t
,END:
,...
,** TODO Subtask
#+end_src

line 4116

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Some Task
,PROPERTY:
,ORDERED: t
,END:
,** TODO Step 1
,** TODO Step 2
,** TODO Step 3
#+end_src

4306

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* Attachments                                                        :ATTACH:
,PROPERTIES:
,Attachments: x.sql
,ID:       f1d38e9a-ff70-4cc4-ab50-e8b58b2aaa7b
,END:
#+end_src

4356

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Pay Wages
,  DEADLINE: <2009-07-01 Wed +1m -0d>
#+end_src

4490

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* NEXT Document my use of org-mode
,LOGBOOK:...
,PROPERTIES:
,CLOCK_MODELINE_TOTAL: today
,Effort:   1:00
,END:
#+end_src

4549

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Update Org Mode Doc
,   SCHEDULED: <2009-11-21 Sat .+7d/30d>
,   [2009-11-14 Sat 11:45]
,PROPERTIES:
,STYLE: habit
,END:
#+end_src

4622
#+begin_src org :exports src
,* Habits
,PROPERTIES:
,LOGGING:  DONE(!)
,ARCHIVE:  %s_archive::* Habits
,END:
#+end_src

4949
#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Sample Meeting
,  - Attendees
,    - [ ] Joe
,    - [X] Larry
,    - [X] Mary
,    - [X] Fred
,  - Joe is on vacation this week
,  - Status Updates
,    + Larry
,      - did this
,      - and that
,      - TODO: Needs to follow up on this
,    + Mary
,      - got a promotion for her recent efforts
,    + Fred
,      - completed all his tasks 2 days early
,      - needs more work
,      - DONE: everything
#+end_src

4970

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* TODO Sample Meeting
,   - Attendees
,     - [ ] Joe
,     - [X] Larry
,     - [X] Mary
,     - [X] Fred
,   - Joe is on vacation this week
,   - Status Updates
,     + Larry
,       - did this
,       - and that
,>>>>>>>> TODO: Needs to follow up on this
,     + Mary
,       - got a promotion for her recent efforts
,     + Fred
,       - completed all his tasks 2 days early
,       - needs more work
,>>>>>>>> DONE: everything
#+end_src

5404
#+begin_src org :exports src
,a. item one
,b. item two
#+end_src

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)

* Re: Bug: Commas not removed from source blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-29 10:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-29 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Now editing the blocks does not remove all of the commas previously
> introduced.

Please try to remove all the commas and to TAB again in those blocks,
it will escape the lines that need to be escaped.  Let us know if it
fixes things for you.

 Bastien

* Re: Bug: Commas not removed from source blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-30 20:18   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-12-30 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Bernt,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> Now editing the blocks does not remove all of the commas previously
>> introduced.
>
> Please try to remove all the commas and to TAB again in those blocks,
> it will escape the lines that need to be escaped.  Let us know if it
> fixes things for you.

This works.  Thanks.

Bernt