* org-md fixed-width filter problems
@ 2013-01-28 17:03 cberry
From: cberry @ 2013-01-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The  :translate-alist for the md backend has no entry for fixed-width,
so it defaults to the parent org-e-html-fixed-width which uses

(format "<pre class=\"example\">\n%s</pre>" ...

So elements

,----
| : like
| : this
`----

get the html style markup.

Some of the markdown processors I use don't like this. pandoc ignores
the element entirely. The github blob generator copies it as verbatim.

I have been using (fixed-width . org-md-verbatim) instead, but I think
this is still not quite right. (IIUC, proper markdown uses four spaces
at bol for such elements while org-md-verbatim uses surrounding backtics.)

?

Chuck

* Re: org-md fixed-width filter problems
@ 2013-01-28 17:22 ` cberry
From: cberry @ 2013-01-28 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:

> The  :translate-alist for the md backend has no entry for fixed-width,
> so it defaults to the parent org-e-html-fixed-width which uses
>
> (format "<pre class=\"example\">\n%s</pre>" ...
>
> So elements
>
> ,----
> | : like
> | : this
> `----
>
> get the html style markup.
>
> Some of the markdown processors I use don't like this. pandoc ignores
> the element entirely. The github blob generator copies it as verbatim.
>
> I have been using (fixed-width . org-md-verbatim) instead, but I think
> this is still not quite right. (IIUC, proper markdown uses four spaces
> at bol for such elements while org-md-verbatim uses surrounding backtics.)
>
> ?

I see now that org-md-example-block formats with the leading spaces.

So I guess my question should have been

   'should (fixed-width . org-md-example-block) be used?'

@ 2013-01-28 17:49   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-01-28 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cberry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:

> cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:
>
>> The  :translate-alist for the md backend has no entry for fixed-width,
>> so it defaults to the parent org-e-html-fixed-width which uses
>>
>> (format "<pre class=\"example\">\n%s</pre>" ...
>>
>> So elements
>>
>> ,----
>> | : like
>> | : this
>> `----
>>
>> get the html style markup.
>>
>> Some of the markdown processors I use don't like this. pandoc ignores
>> the element entirely. The github blob generator copies it as verbatim.
>>
>> I have been using (fixed-width . org-md-verbatim) instead, but I think
>> this is still not quite right. (IIUC, proper markdown uses four spaces
>> at bol for such elements while org-md-verbatim uses surrounding backtics.)
>>
>> ?
>
> I see now that org-md-example-block formats with the leading spaces.
>
> So I guess my question should have been
>
>    'should (fixed-width . org-md-example-block) be used?'

Indeed. I have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nicolas Goaziou