* hlines in babel output
@ 2013-02-11  1:34 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-02-11  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have the following Org document where I would like to add some extra
hlines to the output.  I'm using babel.  I tried the ascii package but
couldn't find anything giving me extra hlines.  I'd also prefer to
stick to just babel.

Here's the example:

#+begin_src org

#+TITLE:hline test
* Some R code
I have the following R code and I want to add hlines to the final
output since it is exported and needs to look good.  In particular,
it is desired that the last line is separated with an hline.

I could do it by exporting directly to LaTeX, but I would rather
export to an Org table.

#+NAME:budget-dta
#+begin_src R  :colnames yes
  tt <- textConnection("
  account     p
  rent        110
  food        50")
  ee <- read.table(tt, header = TRUE)
  close(tt)
  cc <- 4 ## a complicated number generated with R

  ee$p <- ee$p * cc

  ee <- rbind(ee, data.frame(p=sum(ee$p),account=c("total")))
  ee
#+end_src

* Actual output:
#+RESULTS: budget-dta
| account |   p |
|---------+-----|
| rent    | 440 |
| food    | 200 |
| total   | 640 |

* Minimally desired output
| account |   p |
|---------+-----|
| rent    | 440 |
| food    | 200 |
|---------+-----|
| total   | 640 |

* Most desired output
|---------+-----|
| account |   p |
|---------+-----|
| rent    | 440 |
| food    | 200 |
|---------+-----|
| total   | 640 |
|---------+-----|

#+end_src

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.

* Re: hlines in babel output
@ 2013-02-23 21:23 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-02-23 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I have the following Org document where I would like to add some extra
> hlines to the output.  I'm using babel.  I tried the ascii package but
> couldn't find anything giving me extra hlines.  I'd also prefer to
> stick to just babel.

I'm still looking for a good way to insert horizontal lines into
generated tables.  I have been trying to use Emacs Lisp to use
org-table-insert-hline using (i) babel and (ii) noweb.  For (i) I need
to add an hline object as the second-to-last object, but I havne't
been successful so far.

I'd appreciate any hints.

#+NAME:budget-dta
#+begin_src R  :colnames yes :noweb-ref TBL :exports none
  tt <- textConnection("
  account     p
  rent        110
  food        50")
  ee <- read.table(tt, header = TRUE)
  close(tt)
  cc <- 4 ## a complicated number generated with R

  ee$p <- ee$p * cc

  ee <- rbind(ee, data.frame(p=sum(ee$p),account=c("total")))
  ee
#+end_src

#+NAME:test
#+RESULTS: budget-dta
| account |   p |
|---------+-----|
| rent    | 440 |
| food    | 200 |
| total   | 640 |

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var X=test
(add-to-list 'X 'hline t)
#+END_SRC

--
Vote for proprietary math!

* Re: hlines in babel output
@ 2013-02-23 21:38   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-02-23 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

>> I have the following Org document where I would like to add some extra
>> hlines to the output.  I'm using babel.  I tried the ascii package but
>> couldn't find anything giving me extra hlines.  I'd also prefer to
>> stick to just babel.
>
> I'm still looking for a good way to insert horizontal lines into
> generated tables.  I have been trying to use Emacs Lisp to use
> org-table-insert-hline using (i) babel and (ii) noweb.  For (i) I need
> to add an hline object as the second-to-last object, but I havne't
> been successful so far.
>
> I'd appreciate any hints.

First be sure to read the relevant page of the manual [1].  After that,
something like the following should allow for arbitrary hline insertion.

#+name: test
#+begin_src sh
  seq 10
#+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var x=test
  (append (subseq x 0 2) (list 'hline) (subseq x 2))
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
|  1 |
|  2 |