D M German writes: > I found a bug in the Babel perl code. When a table is used as input, the > values of the table are not escaped. Here are two patches that fix this and implement (partly) some of your suggestions. I don't think Org should pollute the global Perl namespace by default, so I've left the definition of org-babel-perl-preface to the user for now. The second patch has the debugging aid you've been requesting, if you bind the symbol org-babel--debug-input to anything the temporary input files won't be deleted after the code has run.