* Finer control over LaTeX export
@ 2013-12-31 15:02 Uwe Ziegenhagen
From: Uwe Ziegenhagen @ 2013-12-31 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I have short parts of Python code in my org file:

#+begin_src python :results value
def foo(x):
  if x>0:
    return x+1

  else:
    return x-1

return foo(590)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 591

#+begin_src python :results value
return 1+1
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 2

#+begin_src python :results output
print(1+2)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 3

These get exported to

\#+begin$_{\text{src}}$ python :results output
print(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+11)
\#+end$_{\text{src}}$ python

\begin{verbatim}
56
\end{verbatim}
\section{{\bfseries\sffamily TODO} Emacs Artikel zur Code-Evaluation}
\label{sec-18}
\begin{verbatim}
def foo(x):
  if x>0:
    return x+1

  else:
    return x-1

return foo(590)
\end{verbatim}

\begin{verbatim}
return 1+1
\end{verbatim}

\begin{verbatim}
print(1+2)
\end{verbatim}

How can I define how Org Mode is exporting these snippets?

The whole verbatim stuff is "okay", I'd like to replace that with the
listings package, but the

\#+begin$_{\text{src}}$ python :results output
print(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+11)
\#+end$_{\text{src}}$ python

requires amsmath just for the \text command, so this is also something I
want to change. Can anyone point me to the correct way of changing it.

Uwe

* Re: Finer control over LaTeX export
@ 2013-12-31 16:00 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-31 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Ziegenhagen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Uwe Ziegenhagen <ziegenhagen@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> These get exported to
>
> \#+begin$_{\text{src}}$ python :results output
> print(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+11)
> \#+end$_{\text{src}}$ python

This is wrong. You ended your block with

  #+end_src python

but it should be

  #+end_src

> The whole verbatim stuff is "okay", I'd like to replace that with the
> listings package, but the
>
> \#+begin$_{\text{src}}$ python :results output
> print(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+11)
> \#+end$_{\text{src}}$ python

> requires amsmath just for the \text command, so this is also something I
> want to change. Can anyone point me to the correct way of changing it.

Note that without \text command, you can't get subscript and superscript
to work (see `org-latex-default-packages-alist').

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Finer control over LaTeX export
@ 2013-12-31 16:38 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-31 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Ziegenhagen <ziegenhagen@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have short parts of Python code in my org file:
>
> #+begin_src python :results value
> def foo(x):
>   if x>0:
>     return x+1
>
>   else:
>     return x-1
>
> return foo(590)
> #+end_src
>

> How can I define how Org Mode is exporting these snippets?

C-h v org-latex-listings RET

It's apparently nil. Setting it to t should do what you want.

Nick