* Bug -- Tag with space
@ 2014-03-01  1:02 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2014-03-01  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I see that Org-mode places tags on the same line as the task header.  It
also puts whitespace between the header and the tags so that the tags
line up on the right side of the screen.  I think I've found that
org-mode doesn't line up the tags on the right side of the screen *IF*
one of the tags has a space in it.  Anyone else noticed that?
--
David Masterson

* Re: Bug -- Tag with space
@ 2014-03-01  6:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-01  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> I see that Org-mode places tags on the same line as the task header.  It
> also puts whitespace between the header and the tags so that the tags
> line up on the right side of the screen.  I think I've found that
> org-mode doesn't line up the tags on the right side of the screen *IF*
> one of the tags has a space in it.  Anyone else noticed that?

Spaces are not allowed in tags, see the manual:

  "Tags are normal words containing letters, numbers, ‘_’, and ‘@’."

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug -- Tag with space
@ 2014-03-03 23:01   ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2014-03-03 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I see that Org-mode places tags on the same line as the task header.  It
>> also puts whitespace between the header and the tags so that the tags
>> line up on the right side of the screen.  I think I've found that
>> org-mode doesn't line up the tags on the right side of the screen *IF*
>> one of the tags has a space in it.  Anyone else noticed that?
>
> Spaces are not allowed in tags, see the manual:
>
>   "Tags are normal words containing letters, numbers, ‘_’, and ‘@’."

Had that suspicion which is why I didn't file it as an official bug.  I
ran across this when setting up org-toodledo which will sync Org tasks
with Toodledo tasks.  Org-toodledo treats Toodledo Contexts as Org Tags
(with a prepended '@') and Toodledo allows Contexts with spaces.

Something to add to the documentation...

--
David Masterson

* Re: Bug -- Tag with space
@ 2014-03-12 15:25     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-12 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> Had that suspicion which is why I didn't file it as an official bug.  I
> ran across this when setting up org-toodledo which will sync Org tasks
> with Toodledo tasks.  Org-toodledo treats Toodledo Contexts as Org Tags
> (with a prepended '@') and Toodledo allows Contexts with spaces.
>
> Something to add to the documentation...

I suggest we instead tell org-toodledo maintainers to convert spaces
in Toodledo contexts into underscore.  Can you do this?

 Bastien