* Ragged Left in Beamer Export?
@ 2014-05-15  8:27 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-05-15  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am trying the following:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
"Getting ragged-left text in a Beamer presentation exported from Org does not
seem as easy as I expected."
#+END_QUOTE
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{raggedleft}
From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
\end{raggedleft}
#+END_LaTeX

This seems to get exported to the latex file OK, but the text after the
quote is justified left in the final Beamer PDF.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Ragged Left in Beamer Export?
@ 2014-05-15  9:30 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-05-15  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 10:27, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying the following:
>

> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
> "Getting ragged-left text in a Beamer presentation exported from Org does not
> seem as easy as I expected."
> #+END_QUOTE
>
> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> \begin{raggedleft}
> From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
> \end{raggedleft}
> #+END_LaTeX
>

> This seems to get exported to the latex file OK, but the text after the
> quote is justified left in the final Beamer PDF.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The ragged left only takes place when a paragraph ends so simply put
"\par" before the end:

#+begin_src org
  ,#+BEGIN_LaTeX
  \begin{raggedleft}
  From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
  \par\end{raggedleft}
  ,#+END_LaTeX
#+end_src

Your code might look better this way, by the way:

#+begin_src org
  ,#+latex: \begin{raggedleft}
  From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
  ,#+latex: \par\end{raddedleft}
#+end_src

as you can then use org syntax on the text elements.

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-958-g7c8559-git

* Re: Ragged Left in Beamer Export?
@ 2014-05-15 10:21   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-05-15 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 10:27, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying the following:
>>

>> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
>> "Getting ragged-left text in a Beamer presentation exported from Org does not
>> seem as easy as I expected."
>> #+END_QUOTE
>>
>> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>> \begin{raggedleft}
>> From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
>> \end{raggedleft}
>> #+END_LaTeX
>>

>> This seems to get exported to the latex file OK, but the text after the
>> quote is justified left in the final Beamer PDF.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> The ragged left only takes place when a paragraph ends so simply put
> "\par" before the end:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,#+BEGIN_LaTeX
>   \begin{raggedleft}
>   From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
>   \par\end{raggedleft}
>   ,#+END_LaTeX
> #+end_src
>
> Your code might look better this way, by the way:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,#+latex: \begin{raggedleft}
>   From "Loris' Adventures in Orgland"
>   ,#+latex: \par\end{raddedleft}
> #+end_src
>
> as you can then use org syntax on the text elements.
>
> HTH,
> eric

Thanks, Eric, that did the trick.

The hint regarding

#+LaTeX:

is also useful - I had forgotten about that possibility and your point
about being able to use Org syntax on the text is a good one.

I tried searching for some relevant documentation on "#+LaTeX:", but
failed to find anything other that the Easy Template (Google's
"verbatim" search seems to use a different definition of "verbatim" to
mine).  Maybe it should be mentioned in the manual somewhere in the
chapter "Embedded LaTeX".

Cheers,

Loris