From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: strange behaviour in org-agenda-diary-entry
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 19:21:30 +0100	[thread overview]

On Thursday, 22 May 2014 at 18:39, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Just a quick heads up to say that I have some strange behaviour that
>> appeared within the past week or so:  I manage my diary by viewing it in
>> org-agenda and adding entries from that view with "i d"
>> (org-agenda-diary-entry).  I have org-agenda-diary-file defined and my
>> diary entries are in a date-tree format.  Therefore, new entries should
>> be inserted as fourth level headings (year -> month -> day -> entry) and
>> this is how things have been until recently.
>>
>> Something has changed so that my entries are now inserted at the second
>> level.
>
> I double-checked and cannot reproduce this, either with maint or with
> master.  Do you still observe the problem or was it just a temporary
> hiccup?

Hi Bastien,

Unfortunately, it continues to happen.  There doesn't seem to be
anything in my configuration that would cause this.

I have started with emacs -q (and also emacs -Q just in case) and then
eval'ed the following statements:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/org-mode/lisp")
  (require 'org)
  (setq org-agenda-diary-file "~/s/notes/diary.org")

Then the following sequence

   M-x org-agenda RET a i d 3pm testing RET

gives me the following contents in diary.org, having started with an
empty file:

,----[ diary.org ]

| * 2014
| ** 2014-05 May
| *** 2014-05-22 Thursday
|
| ** 3pm testing
|    <2014-05-22 Thu>
`----

The versions of emacs-snapshot and git org are in my signature.

I am indeed very puzzled.  I can only think that it must be a bug with
emacs itself?  Any hints on how to debug this would be most welcome as
it is somewhat annoying.  But not critical, on the other hand.  I just
have to remember to immediately add to * to the headline in the diary
file.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-966-g6cdf1b