* src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-01 22:13 Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-06-01 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    I am using Emacs 24.3 with the built-in org mode(7.9.3). The src code
block is not fontified (Emacs is started with -Q option)
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
    (defun org-xor (a b)
      "Exclusive or."
    (if a (not b) b))
#+END_SRC

This is my first time to use org-mode, so I could miss some setup steps.Do
I need to do any setup in my .emacs if I just use the built-in org?

Thanks.

Shiyuan

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-01 22:17 ` Omid
From: Omid @ 2014-06-01 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Shiyuan,

Add

(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)

to your .emacs.

Omid

Sent from my Emacs

On 06/01/2014 06:13 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am using Emacs 24.3 with the built-in org mode(7.9.3). The src
> code block is not fontified (Emacs is started with -Q option)
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>     (defun org-xor (a b)
>       "Exclusive or."
>     (if a (not b) b))
> #+END_SRC
>
> This is my first time to use org-mode, so I could miss some setup
> steps.Do I need to do any setup in my .emacs if I just use the built-in
> org?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shiyuan

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-01 22:40   ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-06-01 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omid; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

That solves the problem. Thanks Omid.
Should this be the default setup? It seems more nature to fontify the src
block than not.

Also, when I export the org file to html, the src block is not fontified in
the resulting html webpage. Is there another option to turn this function
on? Thanks.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Omid <omidlink@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shiyuan,
>
> Add
>
> (setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
>
> to your .emacs.
>
> Omid
>
> Sent from my Emacs
>
> On 06/01/2014 06:13 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I am using Emacs 24.3 with the built-in org mode(7.9.3). The src
> > code block is not fontified (Emacs is started with -Q option)
> > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> >     (defun org-xor (a b)
> >       "Exclusive or."
> >     (if a (not b) b))
> > #+END_SRC
> >
> > This is my first time to use org-mode, so I could miss some setup
> > steps.Do I need to do any setup in my .emacs if I just use the built-in
> > org?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Shiyuan

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-01 22:46     ` Omid
From: Omid @ 2014-06-01 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

One way is to use the package htmlize, which you can install from ELPA
using M-x package-install RET htmlize

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize

Omid

Sent from my Emacs

On 06/01/2014 06:40 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
> That solves the problem. Thanks Omid.
> Should this be the default setup? It seems more nature to fontify the
> src block than not.
>
> Also, when I export the org file to html, the src block is not fontified
> in the resulting html webpage. Is there another option to turn this
> function on? Thanks.
>

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Omid <omidlink@gmail.com
> <mailto:omidlink@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Shiyuan,
>
>     Add
>
>     (setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
>
>     to your .emacs.
>
>     Omid
>
>     Sent from my Emacs
>
>     On 06/01/2014 06:13 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >     I am using Emacs 24.3 with the built-in org mode(7.9.3). The src
>     > code block is not fontified (Emacs is started with -Q option)
>     > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>     >     (defun org-xor (a b)
>     >       "Exclusive or."
>     >     (if a (not b) b))
>     > #+END_SRC
>     >
>     > This is my first time to use org-mode, so I could miss some setup
>     > steps.Do I need to do any setup in my .emacs if I just use the
>     built-in
>     > org?
>     >
>     > Thanks.
>     >
>     > Shiyuan

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-03 18:38       ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-06-03 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omid; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I can only find htmlfontify in ELPA, but not htmlize. Which ELPA repository
will have htmlize?  Or I need to install the .el file manually. I can find
the htmlize.el in the following link, but not sure it's up to date.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-ja/htmlize.el.

Thank you.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Omid <omidlink@gmail.com> wrote:

> One way is to use the package htmlize, which you can install from ELPA
> using M-x package-install RET htmlize
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize
>
> Omid
>
> Sent from my Emacs
>
> On 06/01/2014 06:40 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
> > That solves the problem. Thanks Omid.
> > Should this be the default setup? It seems more nature to fontify the
> > src block than not.
> >
> > Also, when I export the org file to html, the src block is not fontified
> > in the resulting html webpage. Is there another option to turn this
> > function on? Thanks.
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Omid <omidlink@gmail.com
> > <mailto:omidlink@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Shiyuan,
> >
> >     Add
> >
> >     (setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
> >
> >     to your .emacs.
> >
> >     Omid
> >
> >     Sent from my Emacs
> >
> >     On 06/01/2014 06:13 PM, Shiyuan wrote:
> >     > Hi,
> >     >     I am using Emacs 24.3 with the built-in org mode(7.9.3). The
> src
> >     > code block is not fontified (Emacs is started with -Q option)
> >     > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> >     >     (defun org-xor (a b)
> >     >       "Exclusive or."
> >     >     (if a (not b) b))
> >     > #+END_SRC
> >     >
> >     > This is my first time to use org-mode, so I could miss some setup
> >     > steps.Do I need to do any setup in my .emacs if I just use the
> >     built-in
> >     > org?
> >     >
> >     > Thanks.
> >     >
> >     > Shiyuan

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-03 18:53         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-06-03 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> writes:

> I can only find htmlfontify in ELPA, but not htmlize. Which ELPA
> repository will have htmlize?  Or I need to install the .el file
> manually. I can find the htmlize.el in the following link, but not
> sure it's up to date.
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-ja/htmlize.el.

htmlize.el is included in the contrib/lisp directory of org (but I'm not
sure if contrib is part of the ELPA org distribution - it is available
if you get org from the git repo or from the tarball). The one I have
says:

,----
| ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
|
| ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Hrvoje Niksic
|
| ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org>
| ;; Version: 1.43
`----

Nick

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-05  6:47           ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-06-05  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I need to download the htmlize.el from the org-mode git repos separately.
 After that, htmlize works magically and highlights the syntax in the
resulting html without any extra markup. Thanks for the help.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I can only find htmlfontify in ELPA, but not htmlize. Which ELPA
> > repository will have htmlize?  Or I need to install the .el file
> > manually. I can find the htmlize.el in the following link, but not
> > sure it's up to date.
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-ja/htmlize.el.
> >

> htmlize.el is included in the contrib/lisp directory of org (but I'm not
> sure if contrib is part of the ELPA org distribution - it is available
> if you get org from the git repo or from the tarball). The one I have
> says:
>
> ,----
> | ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
> |
> | ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Hrvoje Niksic
> |
> | ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org>
> | ;; Version: 1.43
> `----
>
> Nick

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-05 13:13             ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-06-05 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Shiyuan wrote:
> I need to download the htmlize.el from the org-mode git repos separately.
>  After that, htmlize works magically and highlights the syntax in the
> resulting html without any extra markup. Thanks for the help.
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Shiyuan <gshy2014-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>
>> > I can only find htmlfontify in ELPA, but not htmlize. Which ELPA
>> > repository will have htmlize?  Or I need to install the .el file
>> > manually. I can find the htmlize.el in the following link, but not
>> > sure it's up to date.
>> > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-ja/htmlize.el.
>> >

>> htmlize.el is included in the contrib/lisp directory of org (but I'm not
>> sure if contrib is part of the ELPA org distribution - it is available
>> if you get org from the git repo or from the tarball). The one I have
>> says:
>>
>> ,----
>> | ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
>> |
>> | ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Hrvoje Niksic
>> |
>> | ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic-Sn97VrDLz2sdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
>> | ;; Version: 1.43
>> `----

You can find it in ELPA. Mine:

  ╭────
  │ ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
  │
  │ ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2003,2005,2006,2009,2011,2012 Hrvoje Niksic
  │
  │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic-Sn97VrDLz2sdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
  │ ;; Keywords: hypermedia, extensions
  │ ;; Version: 20130207.1202
  │ ;; X-Original-Version: 1.47
  ╰────

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-06  5:51               ` Shiyuan
       [not found]                 ` <CAOm4EMu-1yOXynV_qQR5cKGWpiA9trHePsEcDaX=whnmpdLDOg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-06-06  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

What ELPA repos you are using? Could you show me the value of C-h
v package-archives? Thanks.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
wrote:

> Shiyuan wrote:
> > I need to download the htmlize.el from the org-mode git repos separately.
> >  After that, htmlize works magically and highlights the syntax in the
> > resulting html without any extra markup. Thanks for the help.

> >> htmlize.el is included in the contrib/lisp directory of org (but I'm not
> >> sure if contrib is part of the ELPA org distribution - it is available
> >> if you get org from the git repo or from the tarball). The one I have
> >> says:
> >>
> >> ,----

> >> `----
>
> You can find it in ELPA. Mine:
>
>   ╭────
>   │ ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
>   │
>   │ ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2003,2005,2006,2009,2011,2012 Hrvoje Niksic
>   │
>   │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org>
>   │ ;; Keywords: hypermedia, extensions
>   │ ;; Version: 20130207.1202
>   │ ;; X-Original-Version: 1.47
>   ╰────
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> --
> Sebastien Vauban

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-06  5:54                 ` Omid
From: Omid @ 2014-06-06  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is the setq for the "usual places"

(setq package-archives
      '(("original"    . "http://tromey.com/elpa/")
	("gnu"         . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")
	("melpa"       . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/")
	("marmalade"   . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/")))
(package-initialize)

Be aware that MELPA packages may not be as stable as others

Omid

Sent from my Emacs

On 06/06/2014 01:51 AM, Shiyuan wrote:
> What ELPA repos you are using? Could you show me the value of C-h
> v package-archives? Thanks.
>

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Sebastien Vauban
> <sva-news@mygooglest.com <mailto:sva-news@mygooglest.com>> wrote:
>
>     Shiyuan wrote:
>     > I need to download the htmlize.el from the org-mode git repos
>     separately.
>     >  After that, htmlize works magically and highlights the syntax in the
>     > resulting html without any extra markup. Thanks for the help.
>     >
>     > On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com
>     <mailto:ndokos@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     >> Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com <mailto:gshy2014@gmail.com>> writes:
>     >>
>     >> > I can only find htmlfontify in ELPA, but not htmlize. Which ELPA
>     >> > repository will have htmlize?  Or I need to install the .el file
>     >> > manually. I can find the htmlize.el in the following link, but not
>     >> > sure it's up to date.
>     >> > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-ja/htmlize.el.
>     >> >
>     >>
>     >> htmlize.el is included in the contrib/lisp directory of org (but
>     I'm not
>     >> sure if contrib is part of the ELPA org distribution - it is
>     available
>     >> if you get org from the git repo or from the tarball). The one I have
>     >> says:
>     >>
>     >> ,----
>     >> | ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
>     >> |
>     >> | ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Hrvoje Niksic
>     >> |
>     >> | ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org
>     <mailto:hniksic@xemacs.org>>
>     >> | ;; Keywords: hypermedia, extensions
>     >> | ;; Version: 1.43
>     >> `----
>
>     You can find it in ELPA. Mine:
>
>       ╭────
>       │ ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
>       │
>       │ ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2003,2005,2006,2009,2011,2012 Hrvoje Niksic
>       │
>       │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org
>     <mailto:hniksic@xemacs.org>>
>       │ ;; Keywords: hypermedia, extensions
>       │ ;; Version: 20130207.1202
>       │ ;; X-Original-Version: 1.47
>       ╰────
>
>     Best regards,
>       Seb
>
>     --
>     Sebastien Vauban

* Re: src blocks not fontified
@ 2014-06-06  7:36                   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-06-06  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Shiyuan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>> Shiyuan wrote:

>>> I need to download the htmlize.el from the org-mode git repos
>>> separately.  After that, htmlize works magically and highlights the
>>> syntax in the resulting html without any extra markup. Thanks for
>>> the help.
>>
>> You can find it in ELPA. Mine:
>>
>>   ╭────
>>   │ ;;; htmlize.el --- Convert buffer text and decorations to HTML.
>>   │
>>   │ ;; Copyright (C) 1997-2003,2005,2006,2009,2011,2012 Hrvoje Niksic
>>   │
>>   │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic-Sn97VrDLz2sdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
>>   │ ;; Keywords: hypermedia, extensions
>>   │ ;; Version: 20130207.1202
>>   │ ;; X-Original-Version: 1.47
>>   ╰────
>
> What ELPA repos you are using? Could you show me the value of C-h
> v package-archives? Thanks.

I do use this:

      ;; archives from which to fetch
      (setq package-archives