* Printing org file in color
@ 2014-06-25  7:38 Chris Henderson
From: Chris Henderson @ 2014-06-25  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I'd like to print out my org file in expanded mode in color. How do I do
that?

Thanks.

* Re: Printing org file in color
@ 2014-06-25  8:25 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-06-25  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Henderson; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Chris,

Chris Henderson <henders254@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to print out my org file in expanded mode in color. How do I
> do that?

I suggest M-x htmlize-buffer RET then printing from your web browser.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Printing org file in color
@ 2014-06-27  8:25   ` Chris Henderson
From: Chris Henderson @ 2014-06-27  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Henderson <henders254@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'd like to print out my org file in expanded mode in color. How do I
> > do that?
>
> I suggest M-x htmlize-buffer RET then printing from your web browser.

I can't find  htmlize-buffer in my org 8.2.5g. Is this recently been
introduced?

Also, I have created a HTML file using htmlfontify-buffer but can't seem to
open this file using Firefox or Safari (it shows blank). The file, however,
opens file in Lynx.

@ 2014-06-27 15:07     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-06-27 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Chris Henderson <henders254@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>     Hi Chris,
>
>     Chris Henderson <henders254@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > I'd like to print out my org file in expanded mode in color. How
>     > do I do that?
>
>     I suggest M-x htmlize-buffer RET then printing from your web
>     browser.
>
> I can't find  htmlize-buffer in my org 8.2.5g. Is this recently been
> introduced?

C-h f htmlize-buffer RET gives

,----
| htmlize-buffer is an interactive Lisp function in `htmlize.el'.
|
| (htmlize-buffer &optional BUFFER)
|
| Convert BUFFER to HTML, preserving colors and decorations.
|
| The generated HTML is available in a new buffer, which is returned.
| When invoked interactively, the new buffer is selected in the current
| window.  The title of the generated document will be set to the buffer's
| file name or, if that's not available, to the buffer's name.
|
| Note that htmlize doesn't fontify your buffers, it only uses the
| decorations that are already present.  If you don't set up font-lock or
| something else to fontify your buffers, the resulting HTML will be
| plain.  Likewise, if you don't like the choice of colors, fix the mode
| that created them, or simply alter the faces it uses.
`----

M-x locate-library htmlize.el RET gives (in my case)

,----
| Library is file ~/elisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize.el
`----

Maybe you need to add the org-mode/contrib/lisp directory to your load-path?

Nick