* Positioning of images - export to LaTeX
@ 2015-03-10 14:13 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-03-10 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I am struggling with float positioning. I would like to have a float at
the bottom of a page. Consider the following code:

* Some text
#+NAME: test
#+begin_src R :exports results :file-ext pdf :results graphics :width 8 :height 3
plot(runif(100))
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: test
[[file:test.pdf]]

which produces a pdf with the float directly after the heading. Now I
would like to have the float at the bottom of the page.

I know about the float placement option, but how can I use them from
org? I have seem
http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html but where do I
c=have to put the

,----
| #+ATTR_LATEX: :placement {b}
`----

so that the float is at the bottom of the page?

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Positioning of images - export to LaTeX
@ 2015-03-10 14:29 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2015-03-10 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am struggling with float positioning. I would like to have a float at
> the bottom of a page. Consider the following code:

> * Some text
> #+NAME: test
> #+begin_src R :exports results :file-ext pdf :results graphics :width 8 :height 3
> plot(runif(100))
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS: test
> [[file:test.pdf]]
>
> which produces a pdf with the float directly after the heading. Now I
> would like to have the float at the bottom of the page.
>
> I know about the float placement option, but how can I use them from
> org? I have seem
> http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html but where do I
> c=have to put the
>
> ,----
> | #+ATTR_LATEX: :placement {b}
> `----
>
> so that the float is at the bottom of the page?

Latex attributes have to go above the =#+results: name= line so that
babel doesn't get confused. If you put it in between the name and file
link, re-running the block will generate a new one, as babel won't
recognize it. This seems to work for me, though from a previous email
I took a cue that I believe you need to also specify it as a float.[1]
Someone else can correct if that's wrong!

#+begin_src org

#+attr_latex: :float t :placement [b]
#+RESULTS: test
[[file:test.pdf]]

#+end_src

I get this as a result:

#+begin_src latex

\section{Some text}
\label{sec-1}
\begin{figure}[b]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{test2.pdf}
\end{figure}

#+end_src

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg82889.html

This pushes it to the bottom for me!

John

@ 2015-03-10 14:35 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-10 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I am struggling with float positioning. I would like to have a float at
> the bottom of a page.

Maybe something like this:

* Some text
#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand{\topfraction}{1}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand{\bottomfraction}{1}

#+NAME: test
#+begin_src R :exports results :file-ext pdf :results graphics :width 8 :height 3
plot(runif(100))
#+end_src

#+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [b]
#+CAPTION: my fig
#+RESULTS: test
[[file:test.pdf]]

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?

* Re: Positioning of images - export to LaTeX
@ 2015-03-10 14:49   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-03-10 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode