* Bug: Blocks spill their background color [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1145-g45555d @ /home/simen/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2015-05-17 13:19 Simen Heggestøyl
From: Simen Heggestøyl @ 2015-05-17 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When positioned at the end of an outline node, blocks will spill their
background color (defined by the `org-block-end-line' face) when the
node is folded.

To see this, paste the following lines into an Org buffer, and make
sure that a background color is set for `org-block-end-line':

* One
#+BEGIN_SRC
#+END_SRC
This is OK, it won't spill.
* Two
This will spill.
#+BEGIN_SRC
#+END_SRC
* Three
Spill is gone now.

When the node "Two" is folded, the background color will still be
painted all the way to the right fringe (as can be viewed here:
http://folk.uio.no/simenheg/org-spill.png). This becomes especially
prominent when using a theme that sets a background color for
`org-block-end-line', for instance the built-in Leuven theme.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1145-g45555d @
/home/simen/src/org-mode/lisp/)

* Re: Bug: Blocks spill their background color [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1145-g45555d @ /home/simen/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2015-05-18  7:19 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-18  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simen Heggestøyl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Simen Heggestøyl <simenheg@gmail.com> writes:

> When positioned at the end of an outline node, blocks will spill their
> background color (defined by the `org-block-end-line' face) when the
> node is folded.
>
> To see this, paste the following lines into an Org buffer, and make
> sure that a background color is set for `org-block-end-line':
>

> * One
> #+BEGIN_SRC
> #+END_SRC
> This is OK, it won't spill. * Two This will spill.
> #+BEGIN_SRC
> #+END_SRC
> * Three
> Spill is gone now.
>

> When the node "Two" is folded, the background color will still be
> painted all the way to the right fringe (as can be viewed here:
> http://folk.uio.no/simenheg/org-spill.png). This becomes especially
> prominent when using a theme that sets a background color for
> `org-block-end-line', for instance the built-in Leuven theme.

AFAICT, there's not much we can do about it. It seems to be inherent to
how overlays and text properties work.

You can insert a blank line after your second block.

Nicolas Goaziou