Rasmus writes: > Hi, > > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Currently, if the global variable `org-html-html5-fancy' is t, some >> elements of HTML export will use fancy elements even when not exporting >> to HTML5 at all. >> >> Specifically, the TITLE of a document will be wrapped in
tags, >> even when exporting to XHTML4. I ran into this while making some epub >> files and the syntax checker barked at me. >> >> This patch fills out the check. There's growing redundancy in this file >> now -- if it seems desirable to have a `org-html-html5-fancy-p' function >> that encapsulates the paired checks, I'd be happy to provide that. > > Remind me, do we have a "non-fancy" HTML5 mode? > > I think it's better to introduce a new function to check if fancy HTML5. > This would make it easier to adhere to the docstring of > org-html-html5-fancy: > > "This variable is ignored for anything other than HTML5 export" Yup, this was the problem. We do have "non-fancy" HTML5: just HTML5 without the use of any of the new elements like
or