Hi, I have some code that uses `org-babel-insert-result' and I've found that evaluating for example (org-babel-insert-result "a") results in an error. The reason is that `goto-char' is called with a nil argument. I simply put the snippet in a `when' clause, but since the function is quite large I'm not so sure if it's now doing always the correct thing. At least my org files seem still to work…. I've added the patch in case it is ok to be applied. Maybe someone can have a look at it. Thanks and regards Eike