From: Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Cask-initialize messes up org table manipulation commands
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:53:01 -0500	[thread overview]

Heikki Lehvaslaiho <heikki.lehvaslaiho@gmail.com> writes:

> The cell content disappears but to my surprise the cursor jumped out
> of the table! Trying with different tables, it came clear that the
> cursor always jumped one line down and left of the table). (Under the
> left border if you have a box cursor.) That should not happen!

This may not be much help, because I'm still using Org 8.2.4, but I
tried and was unable to reproduce this; the cursor remains in the table.

> The final twist to this story is that if I start emacs, create an org
> buffer with a table, and run org-table-cut-region key combination
> first before evaling the init.el content, the cursor behaviour does
> not change even after cask has been initialized!

You said you bisected your init file; I assume you used the bug-hunter
package?  If by chance you did it manually instead, I would recommend
doing it again with bug-hunter; maybe you made a tiny mistake that threw
the whole thing off.  :)

Since it doesn't happen with "emacs -Q", I guess it must be someting in
your config.  (Though you might test with "emacs -q" also--there is a
difference.)

I don't use Cask, so I can't help you much there.  What follows is what
may be considered an unhelpful suggestion, but it's the best idea I
have: switch from Cask/Pallet to use-package; it may give you
finer-grained control over your init file, and bisecting may work
better.  I don't know remember how Cask works exactly, but if
cask-initialize "monolithically" loads all the packages you have
configured, I'm guessing you won't be able to bisect within it to figure
out which package is causing the problem.

Hope this helps.