* problem when linking to headlines?
@ 2020-02-26 10:40 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-02-26 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have these two files:

link1.org:

* Test

link2.org:

[[file:link1.org::*Test][Test]]

When I click on the first link, I get this in a dired buffer (there is
no error).

  /home/schmitta/tmp:
  wildcard link1.org::*Test
  zsh:1: no matches found: link1.org::*Test

I'm using Org Mode 9.4, and this issue started occurring recently after
I upgraded org.

Is this a consequence of the recent change on file links? How can I
debug which link handler is used?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: problem when linking to headlines?
@ 2020-02-26 15:38 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-02-26 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I have these two files:
>
> link1.org:
>
> * Test
>
> link2.org:
>
> [[file:link1.org::*Test][Test]]
>
> When I click on the first link, I get this in a dired buffer (there is
> no error).
>
>   /home/schmitta/tmp:
>   wildcard link1.org::*Test
>   zsh:1: no matches found: link1.org::*Test
>
> I'm using Org Mode 9.4, and this issue started occurring recently after
> I upgraded org.
>
> Is this a consequence of the recent change on file links? How can I
> debug which link handler is used?

Oops. Fixed. Thank you!

The link handler is "file", using `org-link-open-as-file' to follow it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: problem when linking to headlines?
@ 2020-02-27  7:09   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-02-27  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2020-02-26 16:38, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes: