* Org <-> Gitlab Wiki
@ 2020-04-08  8:38 Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2020-04-08  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

using ox-gfm to export Org to Gitlab's markup syntax (for the wiki for
instance) seems to work quite nice. Gitlab's Org parser has some
shortcomings, so using Org syntax directly in Gitlab often results in
strangely rendered documents. What I'm interested in is a 'roundtrip
workflow'. If someone else changes the wiki, is there a way to get that
changes back and merge it semi-automatically into the Org file? I guess
I have to check out the wiki repository, get the diff between the two
markup versions and then apply that manually to the Org file.

Regards
hmw

* Re: Org <-> Gitlab Wiki
@ 2020-04-08  9:46 ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-04-08  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Michael Welle writes:

> using ox-gfm to export Org to Gitlab's markup syntax (for the wiki for
> instance) seems to work quite nice. Gitlab's Org parser has some
> shortcomings, so using Org syntax directly in Gitlab often results in
> strangely rendered documents. What I'm interested in is a 'roundtrip
> workflow'. If someone else changes the wiki, is there a way to get that
> changes back and merge it semi-automatically into the Org file? I guess
> I have to check out the wiki repository, get the diff between the two
> markup versions and then apply that manually to the Org file.

Your should be able to take a shortcut here by using pandoc for the
conversion back to org. It might even make sense to use pandoc for the
opposite direction as well, but org-mode exporters are usually better at
that.

See https://pandoc.org and https://pandoc.org/org.html

--
Albert Krewinkel

* Re: Org <-> Gitlab Wiki
@ 2020-04-08 10:48   ` Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2020-04-08 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Albert Krewinkel <albert+orgmode@zeitkraut.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Michael Welle writes:
>
>> using ox-gfm to export Org to Gitlab's markup syntax (for the wiki for
>> instance) seems to work quite nice. Gitlab's Org parser has some
>> shortcomings, so using Org syntax directly in Gitlab often results in
>> strangely rendered documents. What I'm interested in is a 'roundtrip
>> workflow'. If someone else changes the wiki, is there a way to get that
>> changes back and merge it semi-automatically into the Org file? I guess
>> I have to check out the wiki repository, get the diff between the two
>> markup versions and then apply that manually to the Org file.
>
> Your should be able to take a shortcut here by using pandoc for the
> conversion back to org. It might even make sense to use pandoc for the
> opposite direction as well, but org-mode exporters are usually better at
> that.
>
> See https://pandoc.org and https://pandoc.org/org.html
ah, good idea. That might help.

Regards