* difficulty extracting email address from property field containing gmail link
@ 2020-11-30  2:18 Ian Garmaise
From: Ian Garmaise @ 2020-11-30  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have created a kind of mini CRM using properties.
Now I need to extract data from the entries to create a CSV file for use
with an external email tool.

I have used org-collector.el to extract tagged entries to a table, on which
I then use orgtbl-to-csv to create the CSV file.

This is working well, except for the property used for the email address.
Unfortunately, I stored this as a gmail link.  This makes it difficult to
extract the actual email address using org-collector as follows:

#+BEGIN: propview :cols ((car (s-split " " ITEM))  EMAIL_ADDRESS)  :id
"candidates" :match "testthis" :wrap example

the result produced looks like this:

|--------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&to=ciaraxyz@gmail\.com]]

| "Duncan"                 | [[
https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&to=duncanxyz@indeedemail\.com]] |

I have looked at several methods that I found on the web to extract the
email address from the link in the property, but haven't yet found a
solution that I could get to work.  Still building up my elisp skillset,
would appreciate suggestions.

--
=====
Ian Garmaise