* unique syntax for reporting (submitting bugs)
@ 2021-10-23  7:31 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-10-23  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: auctex-devel, Org Mode List, ding

Hi

I am sending this email to four mailing list I am using most, and I am
wondering whether this subject has came up in the past.
For years I am wondering about the different syntax for
sending/reporting/submitting bug reports.

I know of

    1. org-submit-bug-report but

       a. org-agenda-property-bug-report

    2. TeX-submit-bug-report, but

       a. preview-report-bug

       b. reftex-report-bug

    1. bbdb-submit-bug-report

    2. c-submit-bug-report

    3. ffap-submit-bug

    4. vm-submit-bug-report

    5. gnus-bug

    6. report-emacs-bug

So in order not to confuse myself I am using the following alias

(defalias 'emacs-submit-bug-report 'report-emacs-bug)

But I was wondering, couldn't GNU emacs also use this alias in its
default configuration, since it seems a bit more common.

And also the auctex team, which deals with preview-latex and reftex do
the same

(defalias 'preview-submit-bug-report 'preview-report-bug)
(defalias 'reftex-submit-bug-report 'reftex-report-bug)

The org team:

(defalias 'emacs-submit-bug-report 'report-emacs-bug)
(defalias 'org-agenda-property-submit-bug-report 'org-agenda-property-bug-report)

And finally the gnus team

(defalias 'gnus-submit-bug-report 'gnus-bug)

Regards

Uwe Brauer