Ihor Radchenko writes: >> 4. This file does not seem realistic for me as a user who use Emacs for >> writing -- but I see this sort of testing can be useful for avoiding >> potential issues. How important do you think it is to tackle this type >> of "hypothetical" issues as a package developer? It's a question of >> priority for me. I do not feel that I have sufficient knowledge and >> skill set to tackle it right now; if the priority is not so high, I think >> I would leave it (for now, but this "for now" would be for a long time). >> If priority is high, I would need to ask for some help with even framing >> the problem so that we can somehow tackle it. > > It is not very important. I did not think about recursive issue when > created the file. Mostly wanted to create a random large file. I tried to create a more realistic large file. AFAIU, there should be no recursion issue this time. M-x org-transclusion-add-all is very slow in the attached file. Same for saving file after edits (even if edits are outside the transcluded parts). For reference, overlays generally start to be an issue from >10k overlays. This file just have a few hundreds. Best, Ihor