Hi Max, I’ve just made a few more tweaks, tested it, and pushed this as 0583a0c. We may want to tweak this further before the next Org release, but I think this is a good enough starting point. > An idea: a menu entry that displays location in the org file that caused the > prompt. However it may require enough work to pass context data to the function > rendering menu. This could be added in future. > I see you point concerning blocking modal prompt and I do not like it as well. > Have you seen the following thread: > > Arthur Miller. Proposal: ’executable’ org-capture-templaes. Wed, 22 Jun 2022 > 14:13:51 +0200. > > > If it were merged already, would it be enough for you to implement the dialog or > the proposal lacks some features necessary for smooth user experience? I have not read much of this thread, but from a brief glance — possibly. > The reason why I asked about `org-mks’ is expectation of UI consistency withing > Org. It might help users having customized `display-buffer-alist’ Here I was more thinking of UI consistency within Emacs. > I still do not like code adding a menu close enough to existing one, but I will > not object any more. Since this is separate to the functionality, I’m going to push this for now, and we can update the UI side of things later. All the best, Timothy