On Fri, Sep 01 2023, Lockywolf wrote: > Dear org developers, > > At the moment, ob-maxima has a straightforward way of evaluating > babel blocks, > > #+begin_src shell > maxima --very-quiet -r batchload\(\"/tmp/ob-maximaFOOBAR.mac\"\)\$ > #+end_src > > (line 87 of ob-maxima.el), > > I suggest replacing batchload with batch(), and changing line 73 from > "gnuplot_close ()$" to "gnuplot_close ()$ \nquit();" > > The difference between "batch" and "batchload" is that "batch" can > process :lisp expressions in addition to maxima's own, and it prints > input/output labels. However, it is possible to customise label printing > from maxima's own code, and being able to evaluate :lisp just seems > uncontrovercially good. > > It might be that I am missing something, but batch seems a better fit > for Org-Babel. Hello, I think that your request may be handled by one of two improvements: 1. Implement session support in ob-maxima.el; and 2. Many of the design decisions in the existing ob-maxima code should be customizable. I am attaching a patch to address 2. Please try it out, I think that it will satisfy your requests. Feedback is welcome. --- This old thread may also be relevant: https://list.orgmode.org/87o7q5rw62.fsf@t14.reltub.ca/ Best, Leo