On Tue, Apr 09 2024 22:06, Tony Zorman wrote: > As a very brief summary, one currently needs to—in addition to supplying > a preamble and a way to recognise maths and environments—patch the > following functions: > > · org-latex-preview--place-from-elements > · org-latex-preview-auto--regenerate-overlay > · org-latex-preview-auto--maybe-track-element-here > · org-latex-preview-live--ensure-overlay > > The last two are only needed for the "live" part of the live previews to > work. > > I will clean the code up a little bit (hopefully by the weekend, but no > promises), Whoops! Anyways, before I put this off for much longer, there is some more code attached. Live previews (and general environments) work now, and besides the above mentioned points there were no new surprises waiting—at least for getting the basic functionality to work. I did notice that precompilation being a bit flaky. In the end, this was the result of importing local packages; with the precompilation happening somewhere in /tmp/, access to these files wasn't given. I haven't looked too closely into this—and it's probably a use-case that's specific to LaTeX-mode—but it seems worth considering (lots of people carry one big style file around that they include in all of their projects). Tony