* MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-02-26  4:42 Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-02-26  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey folks, I've been working on a version of MobileOrg for the Android
platform with the goal to reach feature parity with the iPhone version
developed by Richard Moreland.

I have completed an early alpha version that can fetch and display the
contents of Org files stored on a webdav server.   There are some good
instructions for setting up a webdav server in the normal MobileOrg
documentation: http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/doc/

For getting started from the emacs side of things, the Org-mode
documentation itself contains all the information you need:
http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

As for the MobileOrg android application itself you can find the release
notes and a download link here:

http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/

There are some known issues with this early alpha version and can't
synchronize back to the webdav server yet or handle setting the state of
tasks but I felt this was a good start and would actually be useful for
Org-mode users

When you first start the application up you'll need to click "Menu" and then
"Settings" and enter your webdav information.  After saving you can click
"Menu" again then "Sync".   Once that has finished it will populate the
display and you can drill into your document structure.

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net

* MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-02-26  4:51 Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-02-26  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry if this double posts, had forgotten which email address I had signed
up for on the mailing list.

[...]

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-02-26 10:39 ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2010-02-26 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Congratulations Matthew for the good work!

Your work will at the end finally make decide to buy a decent Android phone.
(I almost bought an Iphone only for the possibility of MobileOrg!)

Daniel

PS Keep us informed...

@ 2010-03-01 22:41 ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2010-03-01 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matthew

Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey folks, I've been working on a version of MobileOrg for the Android platform
> with the goal to reach feature parity with the iPhone version developed by
> Richard Moreland.

Thank you very much!

The application doesn't seem to work with mydisk.se.

Is that a known issue or am I doing anything wrong? The server
information is correctly set, but syncing stops immediately with
"Synchronization Failed, try again?" I haven't tried any other webdav
server. I'm using the HTC Magic with Android 1.6.

The files are created with org-mobile-push, the staging era is the
top-folder of my mydisk.se account (no subfolder), which is mounted via
davfs2 on Debian/Etch.

Greetings

Sven

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-03-02  4:13   ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-03-02  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Bretfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sven, are you connecting via https?  What is your URI connect string?   I
think it should work fine but I'll set up an account and test it out
tonight... if you have access to debug information via USB Debugging that
would also be helpful.

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net

@ 2010-03-02 11:10     ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2010-03-02 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matthew

Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Sven, are you connecting via https?  What is your URI connect string?   I
> think it should work fine but I'll set up an account and test it out tonight...
> if you have access to debug information via USB Debugging that would also be
> helpful.

Oh my god. That's really silly. Just installed USB Debugging. That led
me to the solution: Ähem ... The URL field has to point to the index.org
file, not to the directory. That was a misunderstanding. Now it's
working.

I will try to use MobileOrg and send you feedback.

Thanks again,

Sven

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-05-24 13:36       ` julien cubizolles
From: julien cubizolles @ 2010-05-24 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Le mardi 02 mars 2010 à 12:10 +0100, Sven Bretfeld a écrit :

> Oh my god. That's really silly. Just installed USB Debugging. That led
> me to the solution: Ähem ... The URL field has to point to the index.org
> file, not to the directory. That was a misunderstanding. Now it's
> working.

I'm also trying to setup a webdav account, using a demo account but
can't get it to sync.

Here is my setup :

Login:
demo

Password:
demo

The index.org file exists and links to a file named mobileorg.org.

I don't get any error messages when I hit Sync but the mobileorg.org
file doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong ?

> I will try to use MobileOrg and send you feedback.
How is it working for you so far ?

Julien, eager to use org-mode on his phone.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-05-24 13:52         ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-05-24 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julien cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You should know that 'mobileorg.org' is the filename used by MobileOrg when
capturing new notes (see:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Pulling-from-MobileOrg.html#Pulling-from-MobileOrg)
can you name the file something else and see if that works for you?

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net

@ 2010-05-24 14:04           ` julien cubizolles
From: julien cubizolles @ 2010-05-24 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Le lundi 24 mai 2010 à 09:52 -0400, Matthew Jones a écrit :
> You should know that 'mobileorg.org' is the filename used by MobileOrg
> when capturing new notes
> (see: http://orgmode.org/manual/Pulling-from-MobileOrg.html#Pulling-from-MobileOrg) can you name the file something else and see if that works for you?

You were right. I renamed it to essai.org and it's working now.

Also, I noticed a recent fork in your project at github. Are we going to
end up with 2 mobileorg applications for android :-) ?

Anyway, thanks for your help and for provinding android users with this
much needed application.

Julien.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
@ 2010-05-24 14:15             ` Matthew Jones