* stuck project and check boxes
@ 2010-08-27  6:12 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2010-08-27  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'd like to setup my project like this:

* project
** TODO buy house
 - [ ] check house market
 - [ ] save money

I would like to list stuck projects with the following definition:

 - projects that do not have check boxes
 - projects that have all their check boxes set

Is it possible?

Kind regards,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

Only the wise possess ideas; the greater part of mankind are possessed
by them.
    -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

* Re: stuck project and check boxes
@ 2010-09-03  1:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-03  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2010-09-01@kanis.fr> writes:

> I would like to list stuck projects with the following definition:
>
>  - projects that do not have check boxes
>  - projects that have all their check boxes set
>
> Is it possible?

For now it's not possible.  It would require `org-stuck-projects' to
allow user-defined function to check against subtrees.

Still, you can use a regexp to match non-stuck projects, if that may
help -- see the docstring of `org-stuck-projects'.

--
 Bastien

* Re: stuck project and check boxes
@ 2010-09-04  1:48   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-09-04  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Ivan Kanis, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2010-09-01@kanis.fr> writes:
>
>> I would like to list stuck projects with the following definition:
>>
>>  - projects that do not have check boxes
>>  - projects that have all their check boxes set
>>
>> Is it possible?
>
> For now it's not possible.  It would require `org-stuck-projects' to
> allow user-defined function to check against subtrees.
>
> Still, you can use a regexp to match non-stuck projects, if that may
> help -- see the docstring of `org-stuck-projects'.

You can totally replace the standard stuck projects definition with a
custom agenda command that uses whatever lisp skipper functions you need
to accomplish the view you want.  I created a '#' custom agenda command
that uses a different stuck projects definition for my setup as outlined
at http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Projects

You should be able to implement something similar for your use case.

-Bernt