* Agenda todo filter order
@ 2011-04-20  0:33 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-20  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: carsten.dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

I'm trying to tune my shiny new block agenda so it has a section that
displays non-project tasks without a scheduled date or deadline date in
the future.

I have a non-standard skipping function that skips project trees which
I'm using in this agenda so what is left should only be non-project
tasks.  My agenda with only this non-standard skipping function works
perfectly and gives me a list of only non-project tasks.

I don't really want to see non-project tasks with a scheduled or
deadline date in the future.  I added org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled
and org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines to 'future to this agenda view and
now I get extra project tasks in the list which is incorrect.

It seems the org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled (and deadlines) vars are
applied to the list of todo tasks first -- so any projects that have a
scheduled or deadline date are skipped (but not the entire tree - just
the top-level project task) -- this makes all of the project subtasks
appear in my 'non-project' task list which is wrong.

If the non-standard skipping function was applied first and then the
test for scheduled/deadline I think it work work the way I want.  Is
this hard to change?

Example:

* TODO Project task
** TODO Subtask 1