* MobileOrg Android
@ 2011-06-11 18:11 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-06-11 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just joined the 21st century and got a smart phone.

I downloaded the MobileOrg for Android application, and have some questions,
most of them are probably dumb, because I have only played with the
phone for a bit.

1) Is there documentation regarding the various setups/syncing modes?
I would like to know how to get data off my phone, put .org files on my phone.
I know how to use Dropsend, etc, but I would probably rather just use
rsync or git to
sync the phone's data.

2) The menu for MobileOrg Android has an "Outline" button, but it
doesn't do anything.

3) In "Configure Synchronization Settings" there's a setting where you
specify where index.org
is.  What do I put in there?  Is this setting affected by the other
Synchronization settings?

4) What does "Sync" actually mean?  Is it like rsync where it copies
the latest file, or does it attempt
a merge?  What happens if you have new stuff in each file?  Does
DropSend asking you which one you want, or
provide a diff tool?

As you can see, I'm very new to Android and have no idea what I'm doing :-)

I do plan (within the next few months) to start learning how to
develop on Android platform,
and I think that Mobile Org Android would be a good "Scratch your own
itch" program to start with.

I'd be more than willing to start a FAQ on the Github Wiki with any
answers that I get from this post.

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: MobileOrg Android
@ 2011-06-12 10:11 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-06-12 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Nate,

> I just joined the 21st century and got a smart phone.

Me, too. :-)

> I downloaded the MobileOrg for Android application, and have some
> questions, most of them are probably dumb, because I have only played
> with the phone for a bit.
>
> 1) Is there documentation regarding the various setups/syncing modes?

Read (info "(org)MobileOrg").  First, I also thought that I simply put
my original org files on the phone and that's it.  Well, not true. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo

BTW: I can recommend k-9 mail as a pretty good (and free as in freedom)
email app.

* Re: MobileOrg Android
@ 2011-06-13 14:27 ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2011-06-13 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)