* One screen with agenda views and column view question
@ 2011-07-25 17:20 Renger van Nieuwkoop
From: Renger van Nieuwkoop @ 2011-07-25 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi
If I use my agenda views, what happens is that the screen is always split in two buffers. I would like to have my agenda views without splitting the windows. Is there an option for this?
Another question: I tried to define my column views with width for the specific columns. It is however hard to get the column headers in line with the columns. Is there a trick for this?

TASK               |  EFFORT |                          <-heading
Have dinner                           |    1:00    | <- entry

Instead of
TASK                                        |  EFFORT |         <-heading
Have dinner                         |      1:00    |          <- entry

Thanks
Renger

* Re: One screen with agenda views and column view question
@ 2011-07-25 17:26 ` Renger
From: Renger @ 2011-07-25 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hi
> If I use my agenda views, what happens is that the screen is always split in
two buffers. I would like to have my
> agenda views without splitting the windows. Is there an option for this?
> Another question: I tried to define my column views with width for the
specific columns. It is however hard
> to get the column headers in line with the columns. Is there a trick for this?
>
> TASK               |  EFFORT |                          <-heading
> Have dinner                           |    1:00    | <- entry
>
> Instead of
> TASK                                |  EFFORT |         <-heading
> Have dinner                         | 1:00    |          <- entry
>
> Thanks
> Renger

Renger van Nieuwkoop <renger <at> ecoplan.ch> writes:

Hi
I solved the first problem and edited the second one (see above)

@ 2011-07-25 17:53 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-07-25 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renger van Nieuwkoop; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Renger van Nieuwkoop <renger@ecoplan.ch> writes:

> If I use my agenda views, what happens is that the screen is always
> split in two buffers. I would like to have my agenda views without
> splitting the windows. Is there an option for this?

Look at the variable org-agenda-window-setup.  Maybe you want
'current-window or 'other-frame instead of the default
'reorganize-frame?

Regards,
Bernt