Hi Detlef, At Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:19:26 +0200, Detlef Steuer wrote: > > Hi! > > Using the following files I can reproduced a bug I encountered. > > [...] Thanks for reporting. I pushed a fix for both problems, the wrong level and eating the existing headline. However: > Should be > > --- > ** Subheading 1 > *** TODO first > > ** Subheading 2 > --- No, it should be: ** Subheading 1 ** TODO first ** Subheading 2 C-h f org-paste-subtree RET ,---- | org-paste-subtree is an interactive Lisp function in `org.el'. | | (org-paste-subtree &optional LEVEL TREE FOR-YANK) | | Paste the clipboard as a subtree, with modification of headline level. | The entire subtree is promoted or demoted in order to match a new headline | level. | | If the cursor is at the beginning of a headline, the same level as | that headline is used to paste the tree | | If not, the new level is derived from the *visible* headings | before and after the insertion point, and taken to be the inferior headline | level of the two. So if the previous visible heading is level 3 and the | next is level 4 (or vice versa), level 4 will be used for insertion. | This makes sure that the subtree remains an independent subtree and does | not swallow low level entries. `---- To get level 3 you can call paste with numeric prefix of 3 or indicate the desired level with three stars. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de