* [babel] Announcing ob-picolisp.el
@ 2011-10-25 21:08 Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2011-10-25 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list, with help and substancial input from Eric (Schulte) I added a
new language to org-babel, the minimal lisp dialect picolisp [thanks to
Eric!]. You can download the ob-picolisp.el file here:

https://github.com/tj64/ob-picolisp

Here is the README text as a little introduction to picolisp:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| README
|
| This Emacs library enables the use of PicoLisp in the multi-language
| programming framework Org-Babel
| (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/index.html).
|
| PicoLisp is a minimal yet fascinating lisp dialect and a highly
| productive application framework for web-based client-server
| applications on top of object-oriented databases. A good way to learn
| PicoLisp is to first read Paul Grahams essay "The hundred year
| language" (http://www.paulgraham.com/hundred.html) and then study the
| various documents and essays published in the PicoLisp wiki
| (http://picolisp.com/5000/-2.html). PicoLisp is included in some
| GNU/Linux Distributions, and can be downloaded here:
| http://software-lab.de/down.html. It ships with a picolisp-mode and a
| inferior-picolisp-mode for Emacs (to be found in the /lib/el/
| directory).
|
| Although it might seem more natural to use Emacs Lisp for most
| Lisp-based programming tasks inside Org-Mode (http://orgmode.org/), an
| Emacs library written in Emacs Lisp, PicoLisp has at least two
| outstanding features that make it a valuable addition to Org-Babel:
|
| PicoLisp _is_ an object-oriented database with a Prolog-based query
| language implemented in PicoLisp (Pilog). Database objects are
| first-class members of the language.
|
| PicoLisp is an extremely productive framework for the development
| of interactive web-applications (on top of a database).
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------

cheers
--
Thorsten

* Re: [babel] Announcing ob-picolisp.el
@ 2011-10-26 15:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-26 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi list, with help and substancial input from Eric (Schulte) I added a
> new language to org-babel, the minimal lisp dialect picolisp [thanks to
> Eric!]. You can download the ob-picolisp.el file here:
>
> https://github.com/tj64/ob-picolisp

This is great, thanks for sharing.  Btw, picolisp looks way cool.

Eric, I think this library could go to contrib/babel/langs/ and
then to core when Thorsten is all set with the FSF assignment.
I let you decide on this.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [babel] Announcing ob-picolisp.el
@ 2011-10-26 15:34   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-10-26 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Thorsten

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi list, with help and substancial input from Eric (Schulte) I added a
>> new language to org-babel, the minimal lisp dialect picolisp [thanks to
>> Eric!]. You can download the ob-picolisp.el file here:
>>
>> https://github.com/tj64/ob-picolisp
>
> This is great, thanks for sharing.  Btw, picolisp looks way cool.
>
> Eric, I think this library could go to contrib/babel/langs/ and
> then to core when Thorsten is all set with the FSF assignment.
> I let you decide on this.

Agreed.

Thorsten, if copying ob-picolisp to contrib/babel/langs until your FSF
paperwork is completed sounds agreeable to you I will move it over now.

Let me know.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel] Announcing ob-picolisp.el
@ 2011-10-26 16:41     ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2011-10-26 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Thorsten, if copying ob-picolisp to contrib/babel/langs until your FSF
> paperwork is completed sounds agreeable to you I will move it over now.

Sure, no problem, go ahead.

cheers
--

@ 2011-10-26 16:45   ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2011-10-26 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> This is great, thanks for sharing.  Btw, picolisp looks way cool.

Thats what I thought when I discovered it, so simple and so smart at the
same time.
Maybe the perfect language for an Emacs rewrite ... just kidding ;)

cheers
--

@ 2011-10-26 19:03       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-10-26 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thorsten, if copying ob-picolisp to contrib/babel/langs until your FSF
>> paperwork is completed sounds agreeable to you I will move it over now.
>
> Sure, no problem, go ahead.

Done, Thanks -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte