At Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:35:01 -0200, Cassio Koshikumo wrote: > > Hi, all, > > On the last few days I've been working on a major mode derived from org-mode. > While I was at it, I've encoutered some difficulties related to those reported > by the OP (Stefan). Specifically: in a lot of places, org-mode will check if > it's the current major-mode and, if it's not, will refuse to perform some > important task. > > ... > > So, finally, here's my question: would it be possible to change all the (eq > major-mode 'org-mode) tests and replace them with (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)? Is > there any reason not to do this? Please see Carsten's post about the issue: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/47508 If you could provide a list of the functions that need to run in the derived mode or a patch which changes these functions we could put in the `derived-mode-p' selectively. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de