* [bug] latex export of link in footnotes
@ 2011-11-15 11:24 Christophe Rhodes
From: Christophe Rhodes @ 2011-11-15 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The below org file in 7.7 and today's git, when exported through LaTeX,
results in an invalid link in the footnote, pointing to an undefined
label named Foo.  The link in the body is correctly exported to the
automatically-generated sec-1 label; HTML output seems correct in both
cases.

[-- Attachment #2: foo.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 127 bytes --]

* Foo
  Here is some text
* Bar
  Here is some more text[fn:1]; see section [[Foo]].

* Footnotes

[fn:1] see section [[Foo]].

Christophe

* Re: [bug] latex export of link in footnotes
@ 2011-11-15 12:05 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-11-15 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Rhodes; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Christophe Rhodes <csr21@cantab.net> writes:

> The below org file in 7.7 and today's git, when exported through LaTeX,
> results in an invalid link in the footnote, pointing to an undefined
> label named Foo.  The link in the body is correctly exported to the
> automatically-generated sec-1 label; HTML output seems correct in both
> cases.
>
> * Foo
>   Here is some text
> * Bar
>   Here is some more text[fn:1]; see section [[Foo]].
>
> * Footnotes
>
> [fn:1] see section [[Foo]].

Yes, this is a known bug, which has been discussed a few weeks ago in
this ML.

For now, I simply suggest to avoid using fuzzy links in footnotes
definitions. You can still use other mechanisms for internal links, like
custom id.

Nicolas Goaziou